Ans: d) 1984
2. The Jiribam railway station was inaugurated in the year
Ans: d) 1990
3. The foundation stone of the railway line between karong in Senapati district and Diphu in
Assam through Dhansiri was laid on
Ans: b) 17 November 1998
4. The National Highway No 150 is also known as
Ans: d) Jessami Tipaimukh Road
5. Which of the following is the highest point on the Indo Myanmar road?
Ans: c) Tengnoupal
6. The All India Radio in Imphal station was inaugurated and started on
Ans: b) 15 August 1963
7. Where is the Kangla Fort?
Ans: a) Manipur
8. In which year, the historic Polo tournament was held in Manipur?
Ans: a) 1990
9. In which year was the Nupilan i.e Women’s war fought?
Ans: d) 1904
10. During whose reign the Barauni festival was introduced in Manipur?
Ans: d) Maharaja Chandra Kirti Singh
11. In which year the Khasis struggle for freedom begin?
Ans: a) 1857
12. The Garo hills district was separated as East Garo Hills and West Garo Hills on
Ans: c) October 1976
13. Who was the first Assamese translator of Ramayana?
Ans: c) Madhab Kandali
14. Who was the writer of Banphool (1953), the first Assamese Poetry Book to be awarded
Ans: a) Jatindra Nath Duarah
15. Who was the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court from North East India?
Ans: a) Parvati Kumar Goswami
16. Name the first Assamese printed book which was published in 1913 by Atmaram Sarma
Ans: c) Dharma Pustak
17. First Assamese paly to be broadcasted over the All India Radio in 1935 was
Ans: c) Been Bairagi
18. In which year was the Guwahati high Court established?
Ans: c) 1948
19. Assam Medical College (AMC) was established in
Ans: b) 1947
20. By what name is Durga Puja locally known in Manipur?
Ans: c) kwak Yatra
21. Which tribe in Manipur celebrate the Chou festival?
Ans: d) Thadou
22. The first newspaper in Manipur, Dainik Manipur Patrika was published in the year
Ans: d) 1933
23. In which year N. Kunjarani Devi received the Arjuna Award?
Ans: b) 1990
24. Jivanar Batat was written by?
Ans: b) Birinchi Kumar Barua
25. After Arunodoi, which monthly magazine was published in 1871?
Ans: c) Asom Bilasni
26. Which of the following languages is added into the list of official language by the 71st
Amendment to the constitution of India?
Ans: b) Konkani
27. Which book was authored by Daniel Dafoe?
Ans: b) Robinson Crusoe
28. Bordoisila, a type of dance belongs to which community?
Ans: b) Bodos
29. Whose pen name is Shilabhadra?
Ans: d) Rebati Mohan Dutta Choudhury
30. Who is known as the Scout of Assamese Literature?
Ans: d) Rajani Kanta Bordoloi
31. Which king used the title Siem?
Ans: d) Khasi kings
32. The name of Jamini Roy is associated with
Ans: a) Painting
33. The patron of Madha Kandali was
Ans: b) Mahamanikya
34. Prahlad Charitra was written by
Ans: a) Hem Saraswati
35. Which one of the following assamese writers is an expert in historical writing?
Ans: b) Surya Kumar Bhuyan
36. The first work from Madhavdev’s pen was
Ans:b) Janma Rahasya
37. Pulitzer Prize goes for better performance in
Ans: c) Journalism
38. Rudra Kandali belongs to
Ans: a) Prak Vaishnavite period
39. Namghosas contains a collection of versus numbering
Ans: a) One Thousand
40. Assamese, its formation and development is a doctoral dissertation of Assamese
language. Who is the author?
Ans: d) Dr. Banikanta Kakati
41. Who is the author of the first assamese social drama Ramnavami?
Ans: c) Gunabhiram Barua
42. The original name of the Mahabharata was
Ans: a) Jay Samhita
43. Freedom from fear is a book written by
Ans: a) Aung San Suu Kyi
44. Swarnalata s historical novel was written by
Ans: a) Tilottama Mishra
45. Deodhani is a peculiar dance form of which tribe state?
Ans: c) Assam
46. Gita Rahasya was written by
Ans: c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
47. Solung is the folk festival of Adi tribe of which state?
Ans: b) Arunachal Pradesh
48. The old name of Cachar was
Ans: a) Hidimba
49. Which is the second assamese feature film directed by Rupkonwar Jyoti Prasad
Ans: d) Indramalati
50. The autobiography of Lakshmi Nath Bezbaruah is known as
Ans: c) Mor Jiban Sonwaran
51. Manipur became the 20th state of Indian subcontinent in the year
Ans: d) 1972
52. Mention the country Manipur shares international boundary with
Ans: c) Myanmar
53. The length of Mac Mohan line on the Indo China Border is
Ans: d) 1030 km
54. Arunachal Pradesh shares its boundary with three countries namely China, Burma and
Ans: b) Bhutan
55. Which is the largest district of Nagaland?
Ans: a) Tuensang
56. Name the highest peak in Nagaland?
Ans: b) Saramati Peak
57. Which of the following is the biggest river in Nagaland?
Ans: c) Doyang
58. In which of the following places is the world’s tallest Rhododendron tree measuring
30.79 m and 2.41 m in growth has been found?
Ans: b) Japfu mountain
59. Who is the first personality of Nagaland who holds the post of Hon’ble Supreme Court
Ans: a) A. Kevichusa
60. Which of the following rivers do not flow through Garo hills?
Ans: b) Kheri
61. East Garo hills district of Meghalaya was formed in the year?
Ans: b) 2 Oct 1976
62. Which is not a part of Meghalaya?
Ans: c) Lushai hills
63. Which is the main river of Meghalaya?
Ans: b) Simsang
64. Where will you find the majestic B.T.K. waterfalls in Arunachal Pradesh?
65. The largest district of Assam is
Ans: d) Karbi Anglong
66. The smallest district of Assam is
Ans: b) South Salmara Mankachar
67. In which year did the writer Birendra Kumar Bhattacharjya won the Jnanpith award for
his novel Mrityunjoy?
Ans: d) 1979
68. Ojapali is dramatic form famous in
Ans: a) Assam
69. The first social assamese drama was
Ans: b) Ram navami
70. Who was the author of the award winning book Congressor Kanchioli Rodot?
Ans: d) Benudhar Sharma
71. The royal symbol of the kings of ancient kamrupa was
Ans: c) Elephants
72. Kathanibari ghat a collection of short stories was written by
Ans: c) Mohim Bora
73. Name of the first Assamese writer who received the Sahitya Academy award?
Ans: d) Jatindra Nath Duarah
74. The Sangeet Natak Academy award was established in the year of
Ans: a) 1952
75. The first assamese daily newspaper was
Ans: b) Dainik batori
76. The line Satyameva Jayate has been taken from
Ans: c) Mundaka Upanishad
77. The first assamese children magazine is
Ans: d) Lora bandhu
78. Whose autobiography is My Presidential Year?
Ans: b) R. Venkataraman
79. The first editor of the magazine Abahan was
Ans: c) Dinanath Sarmah
80. Who among the following is popularly known as the poet of Sagar Dekhisa
Ans: c) Devakanta Barua
81. Where is the common Railway station for Manipur and Nagaland?
Ans: b) Dimapur
82. What is the altitude of Aizawl from sea level?
Ans: c) 4000 ft
83. Where is Neermahal Palace situated?
Ans: a) Tripura
84. Mention the main inhabitants of Sikkim?
Ans: d) All of these
85. Name the market where both Indian as well as Burmese note currencies are accepted?
Ans: c) Moreh Market
86. What is the biggest agro based industry in Assam?
Ans: b) Tea Industry
87. Which is the largest and only producer of Muga Silk in the world?
Ans: a) Assam
88. Which is the biggest stock market in North East India?
Ans: a) Guwahati Stock Market
89. Which place is the business hub of Nagaland?
Ans: d) Dimapur
90. Inner Line Permit (ILP) is important in certain NE states
Ans: c) Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram
91. Which N E state has the highest reserves of medicinal plants?
Ans: a) Arunachal Pradesh
92. In the middle of 13thg century, there was a rise of a petty chief known as
Ans: b) Baro Bhuyans
93. Who among the following was Governor of Assam at the time of India’s Independence?
Ans: a) Sir Akbar Hydari
94. Which of the following year Sylhet was transferred to East Pakistan?
Ans: b) 1947
95. Arunachal Pradesh attained statehood in
Ans: d) 1987
96. In which year Nagaland was separated from Assam?
Ans: b) 1963
97. Then Prime Minister Smt Indira Gandhi inaugurated the full state of Meghalaya on 21st
Ans: a) 1972
98. Mizoram was made a Union Territory in 1972 having the way of full statehood in
Ans: c) 1986
99. Who was the first Bar Barua of Ahom Kingdom?
Ans: b) Momai Tamuli
100. When was Jyoti Prasad Agarwala born?