Ans: b) Tripura
2. When did Tripura attain statehood?
Ans: a) 21 January 1972
3. Which of the following is the principal crop of Tripura?
Ans: d) Paddy
4. Mention the name of the epic where Tripura finds its name
Ans: c) Mahabharata and the Puranas
5. Novel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore gave Rajashree title to a king. Name the king
Ans: d) King Govinda Mnaikya
6. In which of the following places Chaturdash Temple is situated?
Ans: c) Agartala
7. Which of the following places is a holy place in Tripura?
Ans: d) Badar Mokam
8. The huge lake Kamala Sagar was excavated by
Ans: d) Dhanya Manikya
9. The tribal dance of Halam Community is
Ans: a) hak hak dance
10. Hozagiri dance is especially for
Ans: b) Reang Community
11. Who was the author of Jibanar Batat?
Ans: c) Bina Barua
12. For which of the following Dr. Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya received the Academy
Ans: b) YaruiNgam
13. The first postal stamp released in the name of Assamese writer is
Ans: d) Lakshmi Nath Bezbaruah
14. For which book did Syed Abdul Mallik receive the Academy award?
Ans: c) Aghori Atmar Kahini
15. The novel Abijatri is based on the life and deeds of
Ans: c) ChandraPrabha Saikiani
16. Which of the following Assamese women is awarded by Sangeet Natak Academy
Ans: b) Anupama Bhattacharya
17. When was the Chandrakanta Abhidhan first published?
Ans: d) 1933
18. In which place is the Sikh Gurudwara in Assam situated?
Ans: c) Dhubri
19. Who is the first editor of the newspaper Janambhumi?
Ans: b) Dulal Ch. Bhuyan
20. Who is known to be the compiler of war poetry in assamese literature?
Ans: b) Haridhar Bipra
21. The place where the Asom Sahitya Sabha was held four times is
Ans: b) Jorhat
22. The richest man Bill Gates wrote a book named
Ans: a) The Road Ahead
23. Another name of Lakshmi Nath Bezbaruah is Kripabar Baruah. Which of the following
the author took the name of Notun Kripabar?
Ans: c) Ratna Kanta Borkakoti
24. Name the only assamese filmmaker who has won National award for all his feature
Ans: b) Bhabendra Nath Saika
25. Who composed the drama Bhogjara?
Ans: c) Phani Sarma
26. The first Eastman colour Assamese film is
Ans: d) Ajoli Nobou
27. I came, I saw, I conquered- who said this?
Ans: b) Julius Caesar
28. Newspaper is said in democracy as
Ans: a) Fourth state
29. Karengar Ligiri is a play written by
Ans: d) Jyoti Prasad Agarwala
30. Chira Cheneli Mor Bhasa Janani is a patriotic song written by
Ans: b) Mitradev Mahanta
31. Mohoda Gosain is a character created by
Ans: a) Arun Goswami
32. Doordarshan of Manipur started in the year
Ans: b) 30th April 1992
33. Name the first Khasi female to become the Chairman of the Union Public Service
Ans: b) Rose Millian Bathew Kharbuli
34. The first Garo to become the Chief Minister of Meghalaya and Governor of Mizoram?
Ans: b) Captain William A. Sangma
35. Who was the first Governor of Meghalaya?
Ans: d) B.K. Nehru
36. The earliest mention of the pwrd Khasi is found in a holy book written by Srimanta
Sankardeva. Mention the name-
Ans: c) Bhagvata Puran
37. The President’s rule was imposed in Meghalaya in the year
Ans: c) 1991
38. Who was the last king of the Jaintia Kingdom?
Ans: c) Rajendra Singh
39. In which year did the Christian Missionary come to the Khasi Hills for the first time?
Ans: b) 1813
40. The traditional dress worn by the Khasi Lady which flows loosely to the ankles is called
Ans: a) Jansem
41. The small brass ring worn by both Garo male and female is called-
Ans: d) Nadirong
42. Paila, a string of thick red coral beads is worn around the neck on festive occasions by
Ans: b) jaintias and Khasis
43. Which of the following is worn by Khasi male?
Ans: b) Jymphong
44. Name the religious hunting ritual performed by the Jaintias
Ans: b) Beh Ser Soopen
45. What is the naming ceremony of the Khasis called?
Ans: a) Ka Jer Khun
46. Umiam Lake is also known as
Ans: c) Anglers Paradise
47. Which among the following is a popular sport for the people of Meghalaya?
Ans: c) Angling
48. The state flower of Meghalaya is recognised as
Ans: b) Lady Sliper orchid
49. Where is Sweet falls located?
Ans: a) Happy valley
50. Which falls of Meghalaya is also known as the Seven Sister Falls?
Ans: c) Nohsngithiang falls
51. Which is the highest peak in Jaintia Hills?
Ans: d) Marangsih Peak
52. Name the longest cave of the Indian subcontinent which is situated at Meghalaya?
Ans: c) Krem Mawmluh
53. Which of the following place Mawsonai Falls located?
Ans: c) Cherrapunji
54. Where is the sacred forest of Meghalaya located?
Ans: c) Mawphlang
55. Which river demarcates the East Khasi hills district of Meghalaya from Bangladesh?
Ans: a) Umngot
56.Jaintia Hills Cement factory is located at
Ans: c) Sutnga
57. In which year was the Shillong Golf Course established?
Ans: d) 1898
58. Who was the first Chief Minister of Mizoram?
Ans: a) Ch. Chhunga
59. Mention the name of first Governor of Mizoram
Ans: a) S.P. Mukherjee
60. How many National Highways pass through Mizoram?
Ans: b) 3
61. In which of the following districts the Blue Mountain National Park is situated?
Ans: c) Chhimtuipui
62. Which newspaper was first published in India?
Ans: d) Bengal Gazette
63. The first newspaper in assamese Arunodoi published from Sivasagar was published in
Ans: c) 1846
64. Belimar, an assamese drama by Lakshmi Nath bezbaruah is
Ans: a) A tragedy depicting the fall of the ahom Kingdom
65. Name of the writer who was titled Kabyabharati?
Ans: c) Dharmeshwari Devi Baruani
66. Kamala Kanta Bhattacharjya is known as
Ans: c) Agni Kobi
67. The Adi Grantha was composed by?
Ans: a) Guru Arjun Dev
68. Indira P. P. Bora is distinguished in the field of
Ans: c) Dance
69. The language used the Sultans of Delhi in their court of justice was
Ans: b) Parsi
70. The first Assamese dictionary was compiled by
Ans: b) Miles Bronson
71. Sarothi, a well known book on moral precepts in Assamese was authored by
Ans: c) Satyanath Bora
72. The Arthashastra of Kautilya was compiled based on
Ans: c) Politics and Govt.
73. The founder editor of the Assam Tribune was
Ans: a) Lakshmi Nath Phukan
74. The first novel by Rajani Kanta Bordoloi was
Ans: a) Miri Jiori
75. The Borgeets are written in versus called
Ans: b) Pada
76. Nongkrem is the national dance of which tribe?
ANs: c) Khasis
77. The Arjun Bhanjan of Madhabdeva is a
Ans: b) Natak
78. The first assamese sonnet writer is
Ans: c) Hemchandra Goswami
79. For which of the following works Hiren Bhattacharya got the sahitya Academy Award?
Ans: d) Soichor Pothor Manuh
80. Dada Saheb Phalke award is given for distinguished works on
Ans: b) Cinema
81. Subhalakshmi Baruah is well known in the field of
Ans: c) Dance
82. The Assamese poet known as Sewali Kobi is
Ans: b) Ratnakanta Borkakoti
83. Who is the author of Kalidasa and Kalki Purana?
Ans: a) Ghanshyam Khargharia Phukan
84. Who was the first publisher of Jonaki
Ans: c) Chandra Kumar Agarwala
85. Who was the first editor of Asom Batori?
Ans: d) Hem Ch. Baruah
86. Who was the writer of the famous novel; Ananya Prantar?
Ans: c) Medini Choudhury
87. Which of the following female writers wrote Abhiyatri?
Ans: b) Nirupama Borgohain
88. First assamese colour film was
Ans: d) Bhaiti
89. In which year Saraighat bridge was constructed?
Ans: c) 1962
90. The first Assamese short story collection Suravi was written by
Ans: a) Lakshmi Nath Bezbaruah
91. When the Asomia Bhasa Unnati Sadhini Sabha was born?
Ans: d) 25 Aug 1888
92. Jonaki magazine was first published on
Ans: b) 1889
93. Who discovered the Kindergarten education system?
Ans: a) Frobel
94. Rajatarangini, a story of Kashmir Kings, was written by?
Ans: d) Kalhana
95. Who took the nickname Azagar?
Ans: b) Syed Abdul Malik
96. Which among the following is not considered as mythological literature?
Ans: d) Atharva Veda
97. How many Indian languages are taken into account for the Jnanpith award?
Ans: c) 22
98. Which Indian classical dance form is saved from extinction by Rabindranath Tagore?
Ans: b) Manipuri
99. The Assamese person who won the Dada Saheb Phalke award is
Ans: Dr. Bhupen Hazarika
100. In which year Manipur hosted the National Games?
Ans: a) 1998