In supersession of earlier orders of Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Assam, the following Standard Operating Procedure will be applicable for persons arriving in Guwahati by air, in view of the safety measures adopted for air passengers and short duration of flights:-
NEW SOP Implemented for Flight Passengers in Guwahati Airport Assam
1) A person will have to undergo Rapid Antigen Test at designated testing centre after he/ she disembarks. The Kamrup (Metro) district administration will make necessary arrangements in this regard.
2) If the Rapid Antigen Test result is positive, the person shall undergo home isolation/ treatment in COVID Care Centre or hospital, as per protocol.
3) If the Rapid Antigen Test result is negative, his/ her swab sample would be taken for RT-PCR testing.
The following two options will available for RT-PCR testing :
a. Free RT-PCR test: – This will be arranged SOPby State Government and the test result will norma!ly be available within 3-5 days of the collection of swab sample at the designated testing centre. The person will have to remain in isolation in his/ her residence etc., for a period of 5 days or till declaration of the test result, whichever is earlier. Accordingly, the person will be hand stamped during collection of sample and home isolation notice will be pasted in person’s residence.
b. Paid RT-PCR test: – This will be done by agencies at the designated testing centre on payment of the requisite fee, as may be stipulated from time to time. The test result will be provided by the agency within 24 hours. The person will have to remain in isolation in his/ her residence till the declaration of the test result. The person will accordingly be hand stamped. However, pasting of home isolation posters will not take place.
4) If the RT-PCR test result is positive, the person shall undergo home isolation/ treatment in COVID Care Centre or hospital, as per protocol. However, if the RT-PCR test result is negative, the person is free to carry on his activities, without any further quarantine.
5) Even after the first RT- PCR test result is negative, a person will continue to monitor his health for next 14 days and report to the nearest hospital in case of emergence of any symptoms.
This order will come into force with effect from 26 September 2020.
(Samir K. Sinha, IAS) Principal Secretary to the Government of Assam Health & Family Welfare Department