Implementation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for COVI D-19 Safety/Preventive Measures during the conduct of NEET (UG) 2020 on 13.09.2020.
Dear Centre Superintendents,
1. NTA had received the “Revised SOP” on preventive measures to be followed while conducting examinations to contain spread of COVID-19″ on 10.09.2020 from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, wherein it was provided that ‘a clear policy on allowing/disallowing symptomatic candidates to undertake examinations shall be delineated by the Examination Conducting Authorities in advance’.
2. Accordingly, an emergency meeting of the Advisory Committee of NEET (UG) 2020 was convened on 11.09.2020 at 4 p.m. through Video Conferencing for discussing the implementation of the aforesaid SOP and related issues during the conduct of NEET (UG) 2020. The meeting was attended by the Senior Officers from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (G01), DGHS, MCI, DCI, Al IMS, NBA and various State Governments/UTs.
3. As decided in the above meeting, the said SOP (which is available at: https:// www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/RevisedS0Ponpreventivemeasurestobefollowed whileconductingexaminationstocontainspreadofCOVID19.pdf) would be implemented for the safety of the candidates as well as the exam personnel involved in the conduct of NEET (UG) 2020 on 13.09.2020.
4. Keeping in view the interest of the COVID-19 positive candidates and the safety of other candidates/ exam personnel, it has also been decided in the said meeting that the genuine COVID-19 positive candidates would be allowed to take NEET (UG) 2020 at a later date, which will be finalized after the exam on 13.09.2020.
5. In case any COVID-19 positive candidate is contacting your Centre, he/she may be advised to approach NTA with a copy of his/her NEET (UG) 2020 Admit Card and Certificate from Competent Authority in support of his/her claim as a COVID-19 positive candidate through the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The COVID-19 safety/ preventive measures and COVID-19 positive candidates may be dealt with accordingly at your respective Exam Centres.
NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY (An Autonomous Organization under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India) Address for communication: Block C-20,1A/8, Sector 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India) Tele: 0120-2555250/3946612/6895200, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.nta.ac. in