1. Which district in Uttar Pradesh is famous for oil refineries?
2. Where is ‘Silicon Valley‘ of India located?
3. Where in Uttar Pradesh ‘Electronics City‘ is being established?
4. Which is the longest river in India?
5. Which of the following is called ‘Light House of the Mediterranean‘?
a) Stromboli of Sicily
b) Mount Pelee of West Indies
c) Paracutin of Mexico
d) Vesuvius of Italy
6. The ash grey soils of high latitude coniferous forests are known as:
a) Red and Yellow Soil
b) Tundra Soil
d) Grey Brown Soil
7. Day and Night are equal at:
b) Prime Meridian
8. Which among the following industries is the maximum consumer of water inIndia?
a) Paper and Pulp Industry
b) Textile Industry
c) Thermal Power Industry
9. Evergreen type forests are found in:
a) Monsoon Climatic Area
b) Desert Region
c) Mediterranean Region
d) Equatorial Region
10. Tehri Dam,the tallest dam in India is situated in the Indian state of
b) Andhra Pradesh
11. The capital of India Union Territory Lakshadweep is
12. Arrange the following tributaries of Indus from North to South.
Select the correct option from the code given:
13. How do you define Seismic gaps?
a) Parts of plate boundaries in oceans where tsunamis occur frequently.
b) section of plate boundaries that have ruptured repeatedly in the recent past.
c) section of plate boundaries that have not ruptured in the recent past.
d) plate boundaries having no volcanic activity.
14. In the absence of Cold Labrador Current, which one among the following would happen?
a) There will be no North-East Atlantic fishing grounds.
b) There will be no North-East Atlantic fishing grounds.
c) There will be no fishing ground in the North Atlantic Ocean.
d) Semi-arid condition of the Atlantic Coast of the USA and Canada would prevail.
15. Sanjay Gandhi National Park is situated in the Indian State of-
c) Madhya Pradesh
e) Andhra Pradesh
Check speial assam gk mcq
16. Consider the following statements with regard to cold waves in the winter season in northern India:
a) There is a lack of maritime influence.
b) Northern India is nearer to the Himalayan region.
c) Air mass comes from polar regions to Northern India. Which of the statements given above is/arecorrect?
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3
c) 1 and 3
d) 1 and 2
17.The horizontal wind circulation near the Earth’s surface is due to the-
Select the correct answer using the correct code:
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3
c) 1 and 3
d) 1,2 and 3
18. The National Police Academy is located at
a) Abu Road
19. Which of the following refers to the white salt which covers the land in some areas during dry season?
20. In Database Management System (DBMS), the content and the location of data is defined by:
a) Multi-dimensional data
b) Sub data
c) Sequence Data
21. One of the regions that receive rainfall from north-easterly monsoon is —
c) West Bengal
d) Tamil Nadu
22. Which of the following is the longest National highway in India?
23. The first Olive Oil Refinery of India has been set up in which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
24. The ‘Okhla Bird Sanctuary’ is situated in the Indian State of–
b) Uttar Pradesh
25. ‘Lal Bahadur Shastri Stadium’ formerly known as ‘Fateh Maidan’ is situated in the city of
26. ‘Kanchenjunga’ is the third highest mountain in the world. It is situated on the borders of Indian state Sikkim and
27. The term ‘active layer’ is associated with
a) Fluvial Deposition
b) Periglacial Processes
c) Plate tectonic
d) Processes of soil formation
28. Hydration Process belongs to
a) Physical and Biological Processes
b) Physical and Chemical Processes
c) Biological and Chemical Processes
d) Chemical Process
29. What is the major wind-related phenomenon responsible for summer drought in the Mediterranean?
a) Shifting of trade winds polewards insummer.
b) Shifting of trade winds towards the equator in summer
c) Blowing of Westerlies from the continents in summer.
d) Blowing of South Westerly.
30. Find out the correct sequence of Planetary winds from equator to the poles.
a) Westerlies, Trade, Polar Winds
b) Trade, Westerlies, PolarWinds
c) Trade, Polar Winds, Westerlies
d) Polar Winds, Westerlies, Trade Winds
31. The rain-fed and rain-shadow areas are the characteristics of the-
a) Cyclonic Rainfall
b) Convectional Rainfall
c) Orographic Rainfall
d) Thermal Rainfall ANS:c
32. The wave-cut platform is found in-
a) California Coast
b) Hokkaido Coast
c) Madagascar Coast
d) Malabar Coast
33. The average depth of ‘equatorial counter’ current is
a) 50 m
b) 100 m
c) 150 m
d) 200 m
34. The term ‘Cosmography’ was coined by
a) Mackinder Halford J.
c) Kant Emmanuel
35. What is the ideal temperature for the growth of sugarcane in India?
a) 10 degree Celcius
b) 15 degree Celcius
c) 20 degree Celcius
d) 25 degree Celcius
36. Who developed the technique to measure agricultural efficiency?
a) S. S Bhatia
b) R.L. Singh
c) S.M. Ranullah
d) L.D. Stamp
37. What do you mean by ‘Lebensraum’ in political geography?
a) Dead Space
b) Leaving Space
c) Administrative United Religious Organisation
38. Which of the following name of shifting cultivation in Odisha is correct?
39. Which of the following is not a factor to affect the atmospheric pressure?
b) Presence of Water Vapour
40. In India, the first census of population was held in which year?