Guwahati Municipal Corporation Recruitment
Online Applications in Standard Form are invited from the intending candidates for the post of “Accountant- Accounting and MIS” to be engaged in Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) on contractual basis for a period of 11 (Eleven) months only, however, the contract may be renewed depending on the satisfactory annual performance.
Guwahati Municipal Corporation Vacancy
Name of the Post: Accountant-Accounting and MIS
Qualification: Qualified Chartered Accountant
Experience: At least three years of experience in Chartered Accountancy is preferred.
No of Vacancy: 2 (two)
Salary: Rs. 90,000/- per month
• Coordinates and ensures accuracy of monthly management accounts.
- Produce accurate, timeous and meaningful information as and when required.
- Ensure the presentation of the monthly results to Dept. is done in a professional manner.
- Monitor variances between actual results, forecast and budget and analyze reasons for variances.
Cash Flow Management:
- Monitor the cash flow daily
- Implement and maintain effective controls within the cash management system
- Maintain and review cash flow forecast to ensure adequate fund available to meet the companies outflow obligations.
- Ensure financial information entered on the financial systems is accurate
- Ensure efficient and effective functioning of the various sub systems – payables, receivables against various revenue components, fixed assets etc.
- Evaluate and review systems on an on-going basis to ensure relevancy and efficiency
- Monthly review of Balance sheet reconciliation, monthly review of income statements. Taxation / Statutory Compliance
- Tax planning, interfacing with taxation authorities for timely filling of TDS, GST and income tax returns as applicable
- Ensuring regulatory compliances, payments of license fee, revenue share, GST. withholding taxes etc.
- Handling finalization of annual statement of accounts.
Management Information System:
- Preparation of MIS reports on financial performance viz. preparation of monthly profitability statements, Income / Expenses comparative analysis, ageing analysis of receivables, formulating budgets and conducting variance analysis & cash flow analysis.
- Preparing financial reports to determine the financial viability of the project vis-a-vis, project outcome in terms of beneficiaries benefitted.
- Preparing data base on list of Administrative approval granted, financial sanction received. technical sanction granted along with details of FOC made against the same project.
- Preparing on weekly basis of all oil going physical and financial progress.
- Submission of reports to head office as and when required.
- Communicate, co-ordinate and assist head accountant to prepare consolidation report of GMC on weekly basis for departmental review.
How to apply For GMC MIS Recruitment 2021:
- Online applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Scanned documents to be uploaded with online application.
- The Online Application will be received up to 15 (fifteen) days from the date of publish of this advertisement notice. No communication in respect of submission of Online Application will be entertained once submission date is over.
- Valid email id and phone number should be given during filling up the application.
- The shortlisted candidates have to appear for selection process for which no TN DA shall be paid.
- Persons employed in Govt./Semi Govt. Organizations/ Autonomous Bodies must submit NOC from their present employers.
- The engagement will be on contractual basis for a period of 11 months only. Based on performance and requirement of GMC, contract may further be extended.
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected and only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview/ test. The list of shortlisted candidates shall be published in the website “gmc.assam.gov.in“. in the link gmc.assam.govin/resource/recruitment-
- While applying for the post. The candidate must submit the following documents:
I. Scanned copy of the Recent Passport Size Photo NIA
II. Scanned copy of the Signature with Black ink Pen
III. Self-attested copy of the Final Mark sheet of the CA Final
9. Scanned copy of the last appointment letter for proof of service as per EC / Declaration in case of self-occupied practice.
10. Candidates shall bring the original documents/ certificates at the time of selection procedure for verification, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear. Candidates are required to bring PAN card or any Valid ID and/ or address proof at the time of selection test(s).
11. The Guwahati Municipal Corporation reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof. The decision of the Commissioner, GMC will be final and binding in this regard.
12. Any dispute with regard to the selection/ recruitment process shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Assam State/ the Country (India) and under the jurisdiction of Guwahati Court.
13. For any updates, the candidates are advised to visit GMC website regularly. 13. Canvassing in any form/ bringing in any influence: political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the posts “INTERIM ENQUIRY WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.