Following are the 100 ACS Prelims 2015 Questions & their answers are included here to get a clear idea, what is the structure of questions coming in examination. From here candidates are able to learn the foremost topics, which are given priority in exams.
Ans: b. T.H. Green
2. “The God, who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.” Who said this?
Ans: a. Jefferson
3. Who wrote the book, Social Contract?
Ans: a. Rousseau
4. During the Medieval period the King was
Ans: a. considered as representative of God on the earth
5. The pluralist theory of democracy is associated with
Ans: a. Sartori
6. Who of the following holds that law restraints liberty?
Ans: d. Anarchists and Socialists
7. Locke’s view on state of nature was
Ans: b. Pre-political
8. The View the ‘State is a necessary evil’ is associated with
Ans: a. individualists
9. Who among the following was an advocate of positive liberty?
Ans: a. Marx
10. Democracy is distinguished from dictatorship by the fact that
Ans: d. It is responsive to the will of the people
11. Which of the following theories, in your view, best explains the nature of rights?
Ans: b. The Theory of Natural Rights
12. Who gave the concept of external sovereignty?
Ans: c. Hobbes
13. “Where there is no law, there is no freedom.” Who said this?
Ans: b. Lacke
14. The General will is
Ans: b. sovereign
15. “Politics begins and ends with the State.” Who said this?
Ans: c. Garner
16. Political Science is
Ans: c. natural science
17. The idea of “General will” was propagated by
Ans: b. Rousseau
18. Which of the following is not a characteristic of sovereignty?
Ans: a. Originality
19. One example of titular sovereign is the
Ans: a. British Queen
20. ‘De facto sovereign’ comes into power by
Ans: b. revolution or coup
21. “Law is the command of the sovereign.” Who said this?
Ans: a. John Austin
22. Which of the following is not a device of direct democracy?
Ans: b. Habeas corpus
23. “Democracy is a government in which everyone has a share.” Who said this?
Ans: c. A. Lincoln
24. “History is Past Politics, and Politics Present History’, Who said this?
Ans: a. Freeman
25. Who of the following is not a supporter of natural liberty?
Ans: b. Laski
26. Political liberty is in
Ans: a. a democratic country
27. The Modern Democracy is known as
Ans: b. representative democracy
28. Which of the following is not a feature of a Welfare State?
Ans: c. Profit-oriented policies
29. According to Aristotle
Ans: d. State is a natural institution
30. The statement that, ‘A man who lives outside the polis is either a beast or a God’ is attributed to
Ans: b. Aristotle
31. The Divine Origin Theory of State holds that the
Ans: b. State was created by the God
32. “Socialism is a Chameleon-like creed.” is said by
Ans: c. Ramsay Muir
33. The term ‘liberty’ has been drawn from the Latin term
Ans: d. Liber
34. Who opposed State interference in the self regarding action of the individuals?
Ans: d. J.S. Mill
35. Who was the author of On Liberty?
Ans: a. J.S. Mill
36. Who of the following is not a member of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constitution?
Ans: d. Mahatma Gandhi
37. The Indian Constitution has been divided into
Ans: b. 22 Chapters
38. Article 370 of the Indian Constitution deals with
Ans: b. special status of Jammu and Kashmir
39. The framers of the Constitution of India borrowed the idea of Fundamental Rights from the Constitution of
Ans: a. the USA
40. The president of India can nominate
Ans: d. twelve members to the Rajya Sabha
41. The seats are allocated to various States in the Lok Sabha on the basis of
Ans: a. population
42. Which of the following is the largest Committee of the Indian Parliament?
Ans: b. The Estimates Committee
43. The Governor recommends the imposition of the President’s Rule in the state
Ans: d. if he is satisfied that the Government of the State cannot be carried on in accordance with the provision of the Constitution
44. The Supreme Court of India was set up by
Ans: a. the Constitution
45. The judges of the Supreme Court hold office till they reach the age of
Ans: c. 65 years
46. The idea of judicial review, incorporated in the Indian ConstitutIon, has been adopted from
Ans: a. the USA
47. The term ‘Republic’ implies
Ans: b. head of the State is elected
48. “The Indian Constitution is first and foremost a social document,” is said by
Ans: b. G. Austin
49. Parliamentary form of government is called
Ans: a. Responsible government
50. Which of the following is no longer a fundamental right?
Ans: b. Right to property
51. High Courts can issue writs under
Ans: c. Article 228
52. Directive Principles of State Policy try to establish
Ans: b. Welfare state
53. Money Bill can be introduced only in the
Ans: b. Lok Sabha
54. The Chairman of the UPSC is appointed by the
Ans: b. President of India
55. Which of the following is not the power of the Prime Minister?
Ans: d. supreme commander of the armed forces
56. Discretionary powers are enjoyed by the
Ans: a. President
57. Guwahati Municipal Corporation was constituted in the year of
Ans: b. 1974
58. The present Panchayati Raj system in Assam was established by the Assam Panchayat Act in the year
Ans: c. 1994
59. Who described India as a ‘Soft State’?
Ans: a. Gunnar Myrdal
60. Who among the following scrutinizes the sport of the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India?
Ans: b. The Public Accounts Committee
61. The UPA government was formed in 2004 at the center, when CPl(M) was
Ans: c. a part of the alliance
62. The term ‘mixed political culture’ was used in the Indian context by
Ans: b. Francis Frankel
63. The power of the Supreme Court of India to decide the disputes between the Centre and the States falls under its
Ans: c. original jurisdiction
64. Sikkim was made an integral part of India under the
Ans: d. 36th Amendment
65. Which of the following bodies finalize the Five-Year Plans proposal?
Ans: c. National Development Council
66. Holding of election for the Panchayats is decided by the
Ans: d. President of India
67. Under which Amendment, Education was transferred to the Concurrent List?
Ans: d. 48th
68. Which of the following words were added to the Preamble of the Indian Constitution under the 42nd Amendment?
Ans: c. Socialist Secular
69. Which of the following is the duration of the President’s Rule in a State in the first instance?
Ans: b. Six months
70. Who of the following was the first Vice President of India?
Ans: a. Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
71. Which one of the following has been wrongly listed as an essential attribute of democracy?
Ans: d. Equality of property
72. At present constitutional monarchy prevails in
Ans: d. the UK
73. Who expressed the view that the British Constitution does not exist?
Ans: a. de Tocqueville
74. Which one of the following countries possesses a presidential government?
Ans: c. the USA
75. To which form of government the principles of ‘separation of power’ is applicable?
Ans: a. Parliamentary
76. Which of the following Articles prescribes the function of the UPSC?
Ans: c. 320
77. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was adopted by the General Assembly in
Ans: c. 1948
78. In the United States, pressure groups make concentrated efforts to influence the
Ans: b. Congress
79. How many permanent members are there in the United Nation Security Council?
Ans: a. 5
80. What is the term of the office of the Secretary-General?
Ans: c. 5 years
81. Regarding the establishment of the Public Service Commission, the Constitution of India discussed it in the
Ans: b. Article 315
82. Magna Carta was signed In the year
Ans: d. 1215
83. Rule of Law does not mean
Ans: d. political leaders are above the law
84. In the UK the highest court of appeal is the
Ans: a. Supreme Court
85. In the USA, the executive power is vested in the
Ans: d. President
86. The members of the American Cabinet were responsible to the
Ans: c. President
87. Which of the following is not the purpose of the UNO?
Ans: b. To encourage war
88. The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) was established in
Ans: a. 1946
89. The Speaker of which of the following countries maintains nonpartisan character?
Ans: a. The UK
90. The Queen of England makes all judicial appointments on the recommendation of the
Ans: a. Lord Chancellor
91. A Candidate for the US Presidentship should be a resident of the United States for
Ans: c. 14 years
92 Which one of the following Articles of the UN Charter deals with review of the UN Charter?
Ans: b. Article 109
93 UNESCO’s headquarters is located In
Ans: c. Paris
94 The main body of the United Nations Is
Ans: b. General Assembly
95. The first Secretariat of the United Nation was
Ans: c. Trygve Lie
96. Of the following, which are the three new objectives set forth by the United Nations?
Ans: c. Security, peace and welfare
97. The International Court of Justice consists of
Ans: c. 15 judges
98. The General Assembly decides all the important questions by
Ans: c. 2/3rd majority
99. The non permanent members of the security council are
Ans: c. 10
100. WTO was established in the year
Ans: c. 1995