Following are the 100 APSC 2018 GK question’s Answer included here. Candidates are requested to note these questions for future study. These questions also help in Assam TET, Assam Police, DSE, DME & obviously for the next APSC examination.
Ans: b) Articles 14 to 18
2. Which amendment incorporates the fundamental duties in the Indian Constitution?
Ans: b) 42nd Amendment
3. Who appoints the district judges in India?
Ans: d) the Governor
4. Which of the following Regional parties formed prior to India’s Independence?
Ans: b) Shiromani Akali Dal
5. Which of the following is not a feature of the Panchayati Raj system?
Ans: d) none of the above
6. The North Eastern areas (reorganisation) Act was passed in
Ans: c) 1971
7. The RTI Act came into force on
Ans: d) 12th October 2005
8. Which article of the Indian Constitution give the authority to impose Central rule if there
Has there been a failure of the constitutional machinery in any state of India?
Ans: a) Article 356
9. Which of the following is not a feature of the Indian Constitution?
Ans: a) Presidential
10. The constitution of India is parliamentary because
Ans: d) the executive is accountable to the Legislature
11. Right to education is a fundamental right under the article
Ans: a) 21(A)
12. Which of the following schedules deals with the administration of the tribal areas in
Assam, Meghalaya and Mizoram?
Ans: b) 6th Schedule
13. The Council of Ministers includes
Ans: d) All of the above
14. Who founded the Home Rule League in September 1916?
Ans: b) Annie Besant
15. Gandhi-Irwin Pact was signed in the year
Ans: a) 1931
16. Who was the founder of the Pala dynasty?
Ans: a) Brahmapala
17. Which country is known as the “Land of the Midnight Sun”?
Ans: a) Norway
18. Which of the following numerical stands as the extent of sea water/ ocean water
distance from the baseline in case of Exclusive Economic Zone?
Ans: a) 200 nautical miles
19. Which of the following rivers do not meet the Bay of Bengal?
Ans: c) Mahi
20. Which of the following Wildlife Sanctuaries is located in Udalguri district?
Ans: d) Bornadi
21. Which of the following agricultural practices is being followed by the Apatanis of
Ans: a) Paddy-cum-fish culture system
22. The Power project handled by NEEPCO is
Ans: c) Kathalguri Thermal Power Station
23. The Zamindari system was introduced in which state of India?
Ans: a) Bengal
24. The second five year plan mainly focussed on
Ans: b) Heavy Industry
25. The aggregate growth model followed by the First Five Year Plan in India was developed
Ans: a) Harrod Domar
26. Which of the following ideas was never an objective of the five year plans?
Ans: b) To reduce immigration
27. Pick the odd one out
Ans: d) Micro Units Development and Refinery Agency (MUDRA)
28. Which of the following is responsible for the preparation for National Accounts that
includes GDP in India?
Ans: a) National Accounts Division of Central Statistical Office
29. In India “any tax on supply of goods or services or both except taxes on supply of the
alcoholic liquor for human consumption” is called
Ans: c) Goods and services tax
30. Who gives the final approval for the Five Year Plan in India?
Ans: d) National Development Council
31. The correct duration for the 12th Five Year Plan is
Ans: c) 2012-2017
32. Who was the deputy chairperson of the first Five Year Plan?
Ans: b) Gulzarilal Nanda
33. During which Five Year Plan, the Green Revolution was introduced in India?
Ans: b) Third Five Year Plan
34. If “light” is called “morning”, “morning” is called “dark”, “dark” is called “night”, “night” is
called “sunshine” and “sunshine” is called “dusk”, then when do we sleep?
Ans: d) At sunshine
35. If MINERAL is written as QRSTUVW and SOUND is written as ABCSD, then how is
READER be written in the same code?
Ans: b) UTVDTU
36. Arun said, “ This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother”. Who is Arun to the girl?
Ans: d) Father-In-Law
37. If P is taller than Q, R is shorter than P, S is taller than T but shorter than Q, then who
among the following is the tallest?
Ans: a) P
38. In the numbers from 100 to 1000, how many times digit 1 comes at the 10’s place?
Ans: d) 90
39. If second and fourth Saturdays and all sundays are holidays in a 30 day month
beginning on Saturday, then how many working days are there in that month?
Ans: d) 23
40. Arrange the given words enabling full sequence and then choose the most correct
sequence from among the alternatives
Ans: a) 5,6,2,3,4,1
41. In a city, 40% of the adults are illiterate while 85% of the children are literate. if the ratio
of the adults to that of the children is 2:3, then what percentage of the population is
Ans: d) 75 %
42. Hill will always have
43. The population of a town 62500 2 years ago and due to migration it decreases at a rate
of 4% per year. Therefore the present population will be
Ans: b) 57600
44. How does calcium carbide ripen mangoes?
Ans: d) It reacts with starch and releases acetylene
45. Which one of the following reflects more sunlight as compared to the other three?
Ans: d) Land covered with fresh snow
46. Which of the following is a biofertilizer?
c) Blue-green algae
d) All of the above
Ans: d) All of the above
47. Which country has approved the medical and therapeutic use of cannabis and its
derivatives on 19th October 2017?
Ans: c) Peru
48. The group of organisms that turn light into food is called as
Ans: a) Autotrophs
50. What does India’s first all-weather tracked chassis QR-SAM stand for?
Ans: a) Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
51. What does JICF stand for in the context of JICA and the nE region?
Ans: c) Japan India Coordination Forum for Development of North eastern Region
52. In which Indian city the first e-court opened?
Ans: d) Hyderabad
53. In 103 rd Indian Science Congress, prime Minister Narendra Modi coined five E’s for
enquiry and engineering. What does the five E’s stand for?
Ans: b) Economy, Environment, Energy, Empathy, Equity
54. Which social networking giant has partnered with the national Commission for Women
(NCW) to offer a digital literacy programme for women?
Ans: b) Facebook
55. Which one of the following is a profusely illustrated treatise on elephants dated 1734?
Ans: c) Hastividyarnava
56. Which of the following scholars is believed to have written the Panchatantra stories?
Ans: a) Vishnu Sharma
57. Hornbill Festival of Nagaland is celebrated in which of the following venues?
Ans: d) Kisama
58. Which artist made the famous painting “Guernica” in 1937?
Ans: b) Pablo Picasso
59. Lai Haraoba is an important festival of
Ans: a) Manipur
60. The largest Buddhist Monastery in India is located in
Ans: d) Tawang
61. Ima Keithel is largest
Ans: b) All women market in Manipur
62. Which actor among the following is recipient of the Jnanpith Award?
Ans: d) Girish Karnad
63. The Cheraw dance is advance form of
Ans: d) Mizoram
64. Who wrote the book,” We the People”?
Ans: d) Nani Palkhiwala
65. Who was the first recipient of The Sahitya Academy award for English Literature?
Ans: c) R.K. Narayan
66. Which of the following is not a poetic tradition?
Ans: c) The Comic
67. Which language was used by Sankardeva for composing Ankia Nat?
Ans: a) Brajavali
68. Which of the following is the first Ankia Nat written by Sankardeva?
Ans: a) Chinhyatra
69. Who is known as the father of Assamese Prose?
Ans: b) Bhattadeva
70. The buranji written by Ratna Kandali and Arjun Das was
Ans: a) Tripura Buranji
71. The novel Astarag is authored by
Ans: b) Homen Borgohain
72. Who among the following was the first recipient of the Assam valley Literary Award?
Ans: a) Bhabendra Nath Saikia
73. Who among the following writers was awarded the Padma Shri from Assam in 2018?
Ans: d) Arup Kumar Dutta
74. Which of the following books is written by Mrs Kiran Bedi?
Ans: b) Freedom behind the Bars
75. Name the writer of Golam, a short stories collection
Ans: a) Saurav Kr Chaliha
76. Omar Khayyam’s Rubaiyat has been translated into assamese by
Ans: c) Jatindra Nath Duarah
77. The word Adivasi was used for the first time to refer to the tribal people by
Ans: d) Thakkar Bappa
78. Naam Ghosa is a Vaishnavite scripture of verses in praise of
Ans: d) lord Krishna
79. Karpuramanjari was written by
Ans: d) Kaviraj Rajasekhara
80. The first Ankia Drama staged by sankardeva was
Ans: a) Chinhajatra
81. Who is considered to be the greatest poet of the Ahom Period?
Ans: c) Kaviraj Chakraborty
82. Hemchandra Barua is known for
Ans: b) Satire
83. Padma Puran is written by whom?
Ans: b) Vyasa Mahabharata
84. Who is known as the Rasaraj in Assamese literature?
Ans: a) Lakshmi Nath Bezbaruah
85. Charyapadas are the earliest specimen of
Ans: d) Bengali literature
86. The autobiography Jibanar Dig Aru Bani was written by
Ans: c) Maheswar Neog
87. Which was the first film produced and directed by Dr. Bhabendra Nath Saikia?
Ans: b) Sandhyarag
88. Jhumar is a folk dance originated from
Ans: b) Rajasthan
89. Before Titanic which bagged eleven Oscars?
Ans: b) Ben-Hur
90. Which is the biggest medical campus in North East?
Ans: None of these
91. Name the Political leader from North East who once was the Lok Sabha Speaker?
Ans: a) Purna Agitok Sangma
92. Who inaugurated the statehood of Nagaland?
Ans: a) Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan
93. Who was the first man from the North East to be the Chief Election Commissioner?
Ans: c) J.M. Lyngdoh
94. Who was the political leader from Assam to be the President of India?
Ans: d) Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
95. Who was the most influential and popular Parliamentarian from Assam?
Ans: a) Hem Barua
96. What is the meaning of “Ai” in the festival name “Ali Ai Ligang”?
Ans: b) Fruit
97. In which state Centre for Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic is situated?
Ans: a) Meghalaya
98. Which year Govt. Ayurvedic College of Guwahati was setup?
Ans: c) 1948
99. Most crowded religious tourist spot in Assam is
Ans: a) Kamakhya Temple
100. Which state celebrates Brahmaputra Beach Festival as a Tourist Festival?
Ans: a) Assam