All entries for the RN Borooah & Protiva Borooah Memorial Reporting Awards for (i) Best reporting on the environment, tourism, and conservation of nature and wildlife (ii) Best reporting on upliftment of the poor and needy published during the years 2018-19 should reach the undersigned by 25th October 2020. The awards instituted in memory of late RN Borooah, former Editor of The Assam Tribune, and his wife late Protiva Borooah carry a cash prize of Rs. 50,000(Rupees fifty thousand only) each.
The terms and conditions are as follows
1. The competition is open to all journalists working full time or part-time, for registered daily, twice-a-week and weekly newspapers published from Assam in Assamese and English, including freelance journalists.
2. The incidents/happenings covered by such reports must have Assam as locale.
3. News items/news stories appearing in the journalists’ bylines are preferred. But if such reports are published without a byline; the candidates/ competitor must provide proof that the writing concerned is actually his/hers. All such entries published in newspapers must be authenticated by the Editor concerned.
4. Entries sent by the journalist himself/herself or sent by other sponsors will be examined by a panel of judges to be appointed for the purpose and the panel’s decision will be final.
5. The entries should be photocopies of the articles/ news items published during the period between January 2018 and December, 31,2019. The dates of publication of the items must be mentioned.
Convenor R N Borooah & Protiva Borooah Memorial Reporting Awards Committee, Tribune Buildings, Guwahati-781003