Applications are invited for appointment to the post of Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India. The post carries pay and allowances as admissible to the Secretary to the government of India.
The present pay is Rs2.25,0304 per month (fixed) as per the 7th Central Pay Commission dispensation.
1. Educational Qualification:
i. Essential: Graduation from a recognized university.
ii. Desirable: Preference shall be given to persons having recognized degree or diploma in social work or law or management a human rights or rehabilitation, or education of persons with disabilities.
2. Experience: Should have experience of at least twenty-five years en a Group A -level post in the Central Government or a State Government or a public sector undertaking or a semi. Government or an autonomous body dealing with disability-related matters or social sector or as a senior level functionality in registered national and international voluntary organizations n the field of disability or social development Provided that out of total of twenty-five years of experience, he/she should have at least three years of experience in the field of rehabilitation or empowerment of persons with disabilities.
3. Age Limit: Not exceeding 60 years as of 01.01.2020.
4. Term: The term of the office of Chief Commissioner shall be for a period of three years from the date on which he assumes office, or till he attains the age of sixty-five years, whichever is easier A person may serve as Chief Commissioner for a minimum period of two terms subject to the condition that he has not attained the age of sixty-five years. If the applicant is in the service under the Central Government or State Government he/she shall seek retirement from such service before his/her appointment to the post.
5. Detailed powers. does and tuitions of CCPD and eligibility criteria along with other relevant details including the application form are available on the Department’s website – www.disabilityatfairs.gov.in. The eligible applicants may send their applications by 9th November 2020 as the publication of this advertisement appeared In the -“Employment News” on 10th October. 2020 to Shit KV.S Rao, Director at the above-mentioned address.